If you’re not faint at heart or your favorite support guy told you to get Thematic’s latest SVN revision you might not know how to do that.
Here’s a quick guide for Windows:
- Get the latest TortoiseSVN installer.
- Run through the installation process and restart your machine.
- Create a directory ‘SVN’ and in that directory a sub-directory ‘Thematic’.
- Right-Click on the sub-directory ‘Thematic’ and choose ‘SVN Checkout’.
- Enter the SVN link and click ‘OK’. TortoiseSVN will start to run the initial checkout. As soon as it’s ready click ‘OK’ again.
- Do not try to copy the ‘Thematic’ directory to your server. You would copy all the hidden .svn files.
- Create a directory ‘Work’.
- Right-Click on the sub-directory ‘Thematic’ and choose ‘Tortoise SVN’ / ‘Export’. In the next dialog choose your directory ‘Work’. The software will create a sub-directory ‘Thematic’ under the directory ‘Work’. In this sub-directory you’ll find a working copy that can be transfered to your server.
- After some time you might want to get a newer copy. Just right-click on your ‘SVN’ / ‘Thematic’ directory and choose ‘SVN Update’. Don’t forget to repeat step 8.
Whatever you do, please keep in mind that a SVN copy is not fully tested. You might find functions that are experimental and won’t make it into the next release. There might be functions that might change several times until the next release. If not otherwise told by your favorite support guy do not rely on a new function. And don’t blame us for something that is not working as expected.